Saturday, January 8, 2011

Indulgence in books

The biggest difference that took on me when i moved from the old apartment to current place would be the time i spend on reading. My former roomie, she was like a bookworm. she loves book. so the good hobby is contagious. i too, love to read. Book under the bed, book under a pillow, book in the shelves. most books are hers. mine? of course there were my shares too, but not as much as jaja would invest it.

Yesterday, A friend of mine had persuaded me to go for futsal this afternoon. I did not want to go. I did not want to play. but ended up agreed to it as long as she would fetch me at home.

Today, as planned she should fetch me. I may know her a little that her time judgment is a bit off. So i expected that she should be late. she called that a traffic was quite heavy at ampang area. My prediction was right. she already late.

but i did not expect that she wanted me drive to the office and she would fetch me there. i told her yesterday that the futsal place would be the same distance from office or from my home. futsal is not even in my agenda today, but as a friend, i don't mind accompany her, not that i am planning doing anything today. Having said that, if i were to go to the office, i didn't think i would go, she said she would go straight to the place. I was stunned. Really? i mean whose idea of asking me going for futsal? who insist me to go? and because of the traffic, she failed to be a good friend.

did it not occur to her that i have ready? i had dressed on time. ok, although dressing up on time is just a t-shirt and a pair of jean, still i am dressed to the occasion :p i dont mad, i just never thought that there are people like this. therefore, i am astounded. i am speechless.

But that does not mean, i cannot go out. i mean, i have dressed. so i decided to go to ampcorp mall. i wanted to go to the bookstore and buy this cake. i spent more than 1 hour in the bookstore and got 2 books for my long-lost hobby of reading. i spent 1 and a half hour to be exact :)

i didnt realise how much i miss words and words and words...going solo makes your shopping at your own pace. so i lost track of time. when i went out from the store, i felt good. i felt a rush of satisfaction. it has been a long time from the last time i really spent my time on books. i forgot how it feels haha :D

funny how i bought books that i didn't dwell much time in. the books that i flipped the most, would then will not be my choice of buying. but through a few flips, i felt connected to this 2 books. I know Neil Gaiman style of writing. Jaja introduced me with this author. My favourite would be 'The graveyard book'. i decided to buy 'Fragile Things: Short fictions & Wonders'. His writing is usually dark and wit but not sure what this book would serve.

the other book is something i want to try to read.'A week at the airport: A Heathrow diary'. never try this author. the name is Alain De Botton. i chose this book because it reminds me of 'The Terminal'. Tom Hanks was in it. so i may look at an airport in another view. how intrigued.

sure i bought the cakes and just drove straight home. it has been more than 2 years since moving out..so, can you imagine how i truly miss my old habit? sure, i read some. i even borrowed from jaja's a few sometimes. (her 'Mr. Darcy's Diary' is still with me) i just miss my time in bookstore and read my books :))

come to think of it, i should thank my friend for not picking me up to accompany her for futsal. True, fate has its own way of fitting in among human agenda. If i were to go to futsal, i would not be discovering the long lost feeling of indulging myself for books :D

for that, i thank you Friend.

No comments: